Sunny, Inc. Terms of Service
Some portions of our Service may be available to users without registering while other features will only be available to those users who register with us. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Service (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
- Restricted License
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under these Terms, Sunny hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, restricted license (without the right to sublicense) to access the Websites and use the Services in accordance with these Terms and the instructions and guidelines posted on the Websites. Sunny reserves the rights to terminate your license to use the Websites and Services at any time and for any reason or in the future charge for commercial usage. You may not use the Sunny Services to substantially replicate products or services offered by Sunny including the republication of Sunny content or the creation of a separate professional networking platform. If Sunny believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated or attempted to violate these Terms, your ability to use and access the Services may be temporarily or permanently revoked, with or without notice.
You agree that if Sunny determines or reasonably suspects that you are reselling or brokering the Sunny Services’ information, programs, computer applications, or data, or is otherwise violating any provision of these Terms, Sunny may take immediate action, including terminating the delivery of, and the license to use, the Sunny Services. Sunny reserves the right to use whatever means it deems appropriate to monitor your compliance with these Terms. Sunny reserves the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Sunny Services, including, but not limited to, technological barriers, IP mapping, and contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) regarding such unauthorized use.
You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You, and not Sunny, are responsible for maintaining and protecting a separate permanent record of all of your data, if you wish to retain your data. Sunny will not be liable for any loss or corruption of your data, or for backing up or restoring any of your data.
- Website Content; Sharing Your Data. The Services may provide features that allow you to share your data with others or to make your data public. You may choose to display, upload, submit, transmit, publish or share postings, messages, emails, contacts, text, images or other portions of your data (“Shared Data”) on or through the Services. There are many things that other users may do with that data (for example, copy it, modify it, or share it with others). Please consider carefully what information you choose to share or make public. The term “Content” means all information, text, images, data, links, software, or other material accessible through the Websites or Services, whether created by us or provided by another person for display on the Websites or through the Services. The Content may contain typographical errors, other inadvertent errors or inaccuracies. You understand that your data is your sole responsibility and that Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You understand that Sunny does not control, and is not responsible for, Content made available by users through the Services, and that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content from other users that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will Sunny be liable in any way for any Shared Data or Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Shared Data or Content otherwise made available via the Services. You acknowledge that Sunny does not prescreen or approve Shared Data or Content, but that Sunny shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or remove any Shared Data or Content that is available via the Services, in connection with violations of the letter or spirit of the Terms of Service or for any other reason.
- User Conduct. You understand that the Services are available for your personal, noncommercial use only. Information and other Content in the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights of others. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share files unless you have the right to do so. You, not Sunny, will be fully responsible and liable for what you copy, share, post, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Services. You represent, warrant and agree that your data or information shared through your account or otherwise shared by you on or through the Services will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; be in violation of any law or used in furtherance of any such violation; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the Sunny Services:
- in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Sunny Services;
- to share or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- to share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to share or otherwise make publicly available on the Sunny Services any private information of any third party, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- to share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to share or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- to use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from us, or create a false identity on the Sunny Services;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted by you;
- to access, retrieve or index the Sunny Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of contact or business information;
- to record, process, or mine information about other users;
- to use any robot, spider, Sunny Services search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Sunny Services or any Content; or
- to reformat or frame any portion of the Sunny Services.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Sunny has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Websites, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Websites, Sunny does not represent or imply that it endorses the material posted therein, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. The Websites may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Websites may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Sunny disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Websites, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages to which Sunny.co links, or that link to Sunny.co. Sunny does not have any control over those non-Sunny websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-sunny website or webpage, Sunny does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Sunny disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Sunny websites and web pages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Sunny asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Sunnyapp.co violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Sunny pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) by providing Sunny with the following information (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail) in writing to email@example.com or telephone: (801) 368-3340. Sunny will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Sunny will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Websites if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Sunny or others. In the case of such termination, Sunny will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Sunny.
- Intellectual Property. These Terms do not transfer from Sunny to you any Sunny or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Sunny. Sunny, Sunny.co, the Sunny logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Sunny, Inc., or the Websites are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sunny or Sunny’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Websites may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Websites grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Sunny or third-party trademarks.
- Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback. While we welcome your feedback, ideas, and suggestions, it is important to be aware of the following restrictions. If you send us feedback, ideas, or suggestions (collectively, “unsolicited ideas”), you agree that: (1) your unsolicited ideas become the property of Sunny and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (2) none of the unsolicited ideas contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (3) Sunny may use or redistribute unsolicited ideas for any purpose and in any way; (4) there is no obligation for Sunny to review or use your unsolicited ideas; and (5) Sunny has no obligation to keep any unsolicited ideas confidential.
- Advertisements. Sunny reserves the right to display advertisements on Sunny.co or within Sunny’s mobile applications.
- Payments. If you purchase any Services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or subscription basis (“Premium Services”), you agree to Sunny or its third party payment processing service provider storing your payment card information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the Premium Services (including, without limitation, periodic fees for premium accounts) as they become due plus all related taxes. You may cancel your Premium Services as provided on the Websites from time to time.
- Changes. Sunny reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these Terms. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Websites following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Termination. Sunny may terminate your access to all or any part of the Websites at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your Sunny.co account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Websites. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to terminate your Sunny.co account. Sunny will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Sunny. Sunny can terminate the Websites immediately as part of a general shut down of our Service. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, rights in data you share with other users, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
a.)THE SUNNY SERVICES, YOUR SUNNY ACCOUNT, AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SUNNY, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THIRD PARTY DATA PROVIDERS AND MOBILE APPLICATION DISTRIBUTORS (COLLECTIVELY THE “SUNNY PARTIES”) MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO (1) THE OPERATION AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SUNNY SERVICES, (2) THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, COMPLETENESS, QUALITY, LEGALITY, USEFULNESS, SAFETY, AND IP RIGHTS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OF CONTACT AND BUSINESS INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SUNNY SERVICES, (3) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (4) THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (5) THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUNNY SERVICES. THE SUNNY PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, THAT YOU OBTAIN FROM SUNNY OR THE SUNNY SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
b.) THE Sunny PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SUNNY SERVICES AND INFORMATION AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SUNNY SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SUNNY SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS, ANY LOSS OF DATA, OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM VIRUSES THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER IN THE COURSE OF USING THE SUNNY SERVICES.
c.) THE SUNNY PARTIES ALSO DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ANY OF THE BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, OR USERS LISTED ON THE SUNNY SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUNNY HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH SUCH BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, AND USERS. YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH SUCH BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, AND USERS ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THEM, THOUGH SUNNY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEM.
d.) SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
e.) SUNNY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS REGISTERING TO USE ITS SERVICES, NOR DO WE HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER USERS; THEREFORE, SUNNY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION THAT YOU PERMIT ANY THIRD PARTY TO ACCESS.
f.) SUNNY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS POSTING OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH SUNNY TO ANYONE.
g.) THE SUNNY SERVICES MAY CONTAIN HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES (THE “THIRD PARTY SITES”), AND SUNNY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE INFORMATION AND OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. THE SUNNY PARTIES ALSO DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE THIRD PARTY SITES.
- Limitation of Liability.
a.) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SUNNY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (B) LOSS OF PROFITS, (C) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (D) LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, OR (E) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT SUNNY HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
b.) THE SUNNY PARTIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES DUE TO NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SUNNY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (II) US $10.00.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sunny, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Websites, including but not limited to your violation of these Terms.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Sunny and you concerning the subject matter hereof. We may, at our sole discretion and without notice, revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. These Terms shall be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of Utah, United States of America, without regard to the conflict of law provisions thereof. All claims, legal proceedings, or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in federal or state courts located in Utah, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. You covenant not to bring a claim in any other forum. If any part of these Terms of Service is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. Neither these Terms nor the licenses granted herein are transferable by You without the prior written consent of Sunny, which may be granted or withheld in Sunny’s sole discretion. Sunny may assign or subcontract its rights and obligations under these Terms without condition. These Terms will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- For Additional Information. If You have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Copyright © 2017, Sunny, Inc. All Rights Reserved.